Integrity Auto Toyota Repair Shop Transaction Fees
Explanation of aggregate environmental/shop supply/equipment/consultation/transaction fee:
Having evaluated our costs of doing business versus the charges made to customers, we have decided to implement a blanket transaction fee in order to cover some of the hidden costs of doing business (see below) that usually do not end up being passed on to customers as line-item parts and labor charges.
It will serve both to cover ongoing everyday costs of doing business and act as a capital investment toward our future ability to serve you by funding training and the purchase of new equipment as required by new technologies. This fee will be calculated at 8% of the total transaction, rounded to the nearest dollar.
Fee will be quoted up front as a component part of each job. Currently we will cap the fee at $45 for transactions of $900 or more. We project that the average charge for this will be $16. One advantage (for the customer) of this approach over simply increasing our labor rate is that the fee is capped whereas the labor on large jobs isn’t.
- Consultation time spent with customers (often extensive)
- Technical web-site information access (bought by subscription from Toyota and from International Automotive Technicians Network, and Identifix.)
Ongoing employee training:
- Shop manuals (often from $300-$400 per model per year, or nearly $7000 to purchase the entire set of books for a given year)
- Environmental fees/proper disposal of hazardous materials and industrial wastes
- Oil filters & Waste oil
- Waste antifreeze
- Acid/lead batteries
- Parts cleaner wastes
- Dumpster disposal
- Abrasive cleaning pads and cutting discs
- Various chemicals, carburetor cleaner, brake cleaner, glass cleaner, hand cleaner, sealants, bearing grease, spray lubricants, etc
- When topping off small amounts: brake fluid, oil, transmission fluid, and antifreeze.
- Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, wires, electrical connectors, solder, electrical tie straps & tape
- Parts vendor’s delivery fees & courier costs
Laundry & janitorial (helps enable us keep customer’s cars clean):
- Protective nitrile gloves
- Fender covers
- Wiping cloths & shop rags
- Floor mats
- Laundry company’s environmental fees to us
- Janitorial supplies and cleaning charges
- Security agency monitors premises in order to secure your property and the business’s during non-working hours.
Equipment purchase & maintenance in support of effective customer service:
- Shop diagnostic scope and 4-gas exhaust emissions analyzer
- Scan tool (Hand held computer interacts with vehicle’s onboard computer. Requires software updates purchased annually.)
- Multi system automotive lab scope
- Parts washers, air compressor, and hydraulic press
- Computers, software, printers, and office supplies
- Floor cleaning machine & related supplies
- Vehicle hoists, engine hoists and transmission jacks
- Brake lathes, flywheel grinders, combination grinder/wire wheel, drills,
- Wire feed welder & welding supplies, propane, oxygen & acetylene along with tank/torch set-up & rented tanks.
- Too many hand held special tools to list. (Pullers, drivers, meters, gauges, etc)
- Standard utilities: electricity, phone, garbage, water, sewer, and city storm water runoff costs.
Certified Independent Toyota, Lexus & Scion automotive service and repair specialists serving PDX, Portland, Fairview, Forest Grove, Gladstone, Gresham, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Beaverton, Clackamas, Oregon City, Fairview, Wood Village, Maywood Park, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Troutdale.