Integrity Auto Toyota Repair Shop Transaction Fees
Explanation of aggregate environmental/shop supply/equipment/consultation/transaction fee:
Having evaluated our costs of doing business versus the charges made to customers, we have decided to implement a blanket transaction fee in order to cover some of the hidden costs of doing business (see below) that usually do not end up being passed on to customers as line-item parts and labor charges.
It will serve both to cover ongoing everyday costs of doing business and act as a capital investment toward our future ability to serve you by funding training and the purchase of new equipment as required by new technologies. This fee will be calculated at 5% of the total transaction, rounded to the nearest dollar.
Fee will be quoted up front as a component part of each job. Currently we will cap the fee at $45 for transactions of $900 or more. We project that the average charge for this will be $16. One advantage (for the customer) of this approach over simply increasing our labor rate is that the fee is capped whereas the labor on large jobs isn't.Information/intellectual supplies:
- Consultation time spent with customers (often extensive)
- Technical web-site information access (bought by subscription from Toyota and from International Automotive Technicians Network, and Identifix.)
Ongoing employee training:
- Shop manuals (often from $300-$400 per model per year, or nearly $7000 to purchase the entire set of books for a given year)
- Environmental fees/proper disposal of hazardous materials and industrial wastes
- Oil filters & Waste oil
- Waste antifreeze
- Acid/lead batteries
- Parts cleaner wastes
- Dumpster disposal
- Abrasive cleaning pads and cutting discs
- Various chemicals, carburetor cleaner, brake cleaner, glass cleaner, hand cleaner, sealants, bearing grease, spray lubricants, etc
- When topping off small amounts: brake fluid, oil, transmission fluid, and antifreeze.
- Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, wires, electrical connectors, solder, electrical tie straps & tape
- Parts vendor's delivery fees & courier costs
- Protective nitrile gloves
- Fender covers
- Wiping cloths & shop rags
- Floor mats
- Laundry company's environmental fees to us
- Janitorial supplies and cleaning charges
- Security agency monitors premises in order to secure your property and the business's during non-working hours. Insurance
- Shop diagnostic scope and 4-gas exhaust emissions analyzer
- Scan tool (Hand held computer interacts with vehicle's onboard computer. Requires software updates purchased annually.)
- Multi system automotive lab scope
- Parts washers, air compressor, and hydraulic press
- Computers, software, printers, and office supplies
- Floor cleaning machine & related supplies
- Vehicle hoists, engine hoists and transmission jacks
- Brake lathes, flywheel grinders, combination grinder/wire wheel, drills,
- Wire feed welder & welding supplies, propane, oxygen & acetylene along with tank/torch set-up & rented tanks.
- Too many hand held special tools to list. (Pullers, drivers, meters, gauges, etc)
- Standard utilities: electricity, phone, garbage, water, sewer, and city storm water runoff costs.
ASE Certified Independent Toyota, Lexus & Scion automotive service and repair specialists serving PDX, Portland, Gresham, Beaverton, Clackamas, Oregon City, Fairview, Gladstone, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Troutdale.